Matthew Moran

I am a PhD student at the Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI), Galway. With a gap of only 10 years between finishing my Bachelor's degree and starting my PhD, I sometimes wonder was I crazy to return to the books but most of the time its good.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

View from Stanford

Hard to believe that so much time has passed since my first and only post. Here I am in Stanford University on student exchange until the end of August. Its hot and I am feeling the heat physically and mentally. Crunch time is here for completion of my PhD Thesis and I am lining up the cards to see how best the material I have can be organised into a coherent whole.

I was inpsired to return to this Blog after a random conversation on the prevalence of (non-malevolent) cursing in Ireland. I curse quite a bit, I suppose, but usually the tone is soft which in Ireland is intended to take out the sting. Anyway, this lead me to take a quick look on the Web for other's experience of cursing in Ireland and I found Joy's blog here.

Its always interesting to see an outside view on your home place and even though I raised an eyebrow or two at some of her experiences, it is an entertaining read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home